Call ALP Heating for Humidifier Installation Needs
The purpose of a humidifier is to add moisture to dry air. This makes the air more breathable, which in turn makes your home more comfortable to be in. Other benefits to maintaining optimal humidity levels include the following:
- There are numerous health advantages, such as fewer nosebleeds and sinus infections, a decrease in the frequency and severity of asthma attacks, and skin that is hydrated and supple instead of dry, cracked and itchy.
- In the event of colds and flu, symptoms are less severe and easier to manage.
- You can avoid damage to structural beams and hardwood floors that can result from air that is too dry.
- There is less static electricity that is potentially harmful to computer and electronic equipment.
- Because the right humidity levels can enable you to turn down your thermostat by a degree or two, you can save money on your energy bills.
Are central humidifiers better than portable humidifiers?
Portable humidifiers are a great option for people who need to control the humidity level in one room only. They are smaller and have less powerful motors, making them an unsuitable choice for larger spaces. While their portability makes them convenient, they need to be cleaned and refilled frequently, and they do not last as long as central humidifiers.
A central humidifier is one that is attached to the furnace. It can be used to control the moisture levels in the entire home, using the existing ductwork. Although it is easiest to have the central humidifier put in during installation or repair of the furnace, in most cases this can also be done as a standalone job.
The benefit of a central humidifier is that you can use it to maintain the right amount of moisture. Once it has been installed and configured to control the relative humidity in your home, you do not need to do anything to clean or fill it. Yearly maintenance is recommended to keep it running efficiently from one year to the next.
Need Help with Humidifier Installation?
Feel free to contact us by phone or email. We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Why choose ALP HVAC technicians?
At ALP HVAC technicians, we are in the business of making you and your family comfortable in your living space. We know that all homes are different, and that the humidifier that works for your friend or neighbour may not be the right option for you. Our qualified, experienced technicians will give you recommendations based on layout of your home, how many square feet you have, and what you and your family need.
Some of the benefits we offer include the following:
- Flexible timing, so we will come to you at a time that works for you
- Staff who are friendly and knowledgeable
- A locally owned company staffed by people who know the challenges of keeping a Vaughan home at the right temperature and humidity levels.
To find out more, or to book your humidifier installation appointment, call us today.